Friday, July 10, 2009

Recycled Toilet Paper Rolls = Mini Album





Inspired by Cardz For U's video tutorial, I made a mini album from recycled toilet paper rolls. You can find her video tutorial by clicking here.

I haven't added any photos yet, but my album is ready for them!

This was really easy to do. I didn't do a lot of decorating on the pages since most of the paper I used was pretty "busy." I love DCWV Green Stack paper! It was hard to decide which pages from the pack to use. All of the paper used in this project are from the Green Stack. As our family gets more empty toilet paper rolls, I'll be adding more "pages".

I cut tags at 4" from Cricut Cartridge Plantin Schoolbook. They fit perfectly in the sleeves.

The ribbon is from my stash. I used brads from K&Comapny on the tags just to give the ribbon a tighter hold on the tags.

I'll probably generate a sentiment on the computer and print it out for the cover... not sure what I want it to say yet.

Oh, I almost forgot, the cute teddy bear on one of the pages is actually ceramic. He came off of something one of our children had a long time ago (a lamp or something), and he was just too cute to throw away. (Pack Rat or Recycle-r? Hmmmm...) He's not very light, so adding him to a card or scrapbook page would just add too much weight. BUT... adding him to this heavy-duty mini album works perfectly! He's not too heavy for the toilet paper roll at all. I used ZOTS small glue dots to adhere him with no problem at all. :)

If you decide to participate and make your own mini album this way, please leave a comment with a link to your creation! Also, leave a comment at the above link so she can see it too!

As always, I love all the comments you guys leave me. It's so fun to meet all of you in cyberspace.

Have a GREAT Friday! I'm doing my Happy Dance! Are you?

Janis

9 comments:

  1. This is brilliant and lovely vibrant colour - not so keen on the snake though !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janis, how cute is that!! Wasn't it so much fun to make?! After I made my first one, I couldn't stop making them. I've got everybody saving TP rolls for me, lol! Thanks for the shout out on my tutorial...I appreciate it! Have a great Friday, Miss Friend.
    Ttyl,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...I couldn't look too long at your DH holding that snake! Yikes!! Snakes are definitely one of my fears.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a great idea, and it turned out SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how creative is this, you should enter it for the chirp, love the teddy bear, love the papers, love everything...
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very creative! I agree with En you should enter it for the chirp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enfys & Kisatrtle... I have no idea what Chirp is? What is it?

    Thanks for all the positive feedback! Sophiesmama is the bomb with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is such a cool idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is soo cute !
    im getting readt to make me one soon !!!

    ReplyDelete