Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Welcome to Wednesday! So who wore Green yesterday for St. Patrick's Day, and who risked getting pinched? LOL

Hahahaha - I don't think it works that way.

Monday was my 7th Weigh-In day (not counting the first day I weighed in before I started). It was also the first time I didn't lose at least a little something. Let's get right to it. Here's what the stats are for this week:

203.4 start
189.8 this week
+ 0.4 gain this week
-13.6 total loss

Not horrible. Not ideal. According to Weight Watchers it's completely normal to have weeks now and then when you gain. I think that now that my body has fully adjusted to my new eating lifestyle, it may be more challenging to continue to lose every week. Which is why it's time to start a regular exercise routine and not just when I feel like it. And that sucks. I hate exercise. LOL But I want to be successful, and I don't want another week of no loss, so my goal this week is to walk every day even if it's just around the block or with my Weight Watcher's DVD at home. The weather has been so pretty though, there is no reason for me to not get outside and walk a little everyday.


How are  you all doing? I've heard from some of you that you have joined or re-joined Weight Watchers or trying another similar program. GOOD FOR YOU! I'm proud of you. We can do it! Here are some things to think about this week & how I'm handling it...

  • What are you doing this week for exercise?
    • walking (baby steps - no P90X for me!)
  • What are you snacking on that keeps you away from the chocolate and chips?
    • Mmm chocolate Hershey Kisses.... FOCUS... fruit & Fiber One low point snacks
  • Are you eating every few hours to keep your blood sugar from dropping and your metabolism going strong?
    • Yep - trying to eat every 3-4 hours so I don't get so hungry & my blood sugar drops to the point I'm shaking and have a headache. I've even put a few snacks in my purse for the days I'm out running errands and am gone longer than expected so I am not tempted to think the Wendy's Drive-thru is the best choice. Don't get me wrong, I love Wendy's. I just don't think it needs to be a weekly habit.
  • Are you drinking lots of water during the day?
    • I sure didn't last week. I let too many Diet Cokes replace my water intake. So this week, water first, Diet Coke later as a treat, not a main source of liquid.
Too many times last week I waited too long to eat to the point I was either shaking from low-blood sugar, or just famished and wanted to over-do my portions. Why do I put myself in those situations? There is no reason to do that to myself. I don't want you to do that to yourself either. Let's be smart about this new lifestyle of eating and exercise. We've lived for years doing things the wrong way which got us where we are today. If we want to be somewhere else, we have to change something. Stay focused. Stay on track. Remind ourselves what our goals are. Remind ourselves that we are strong. We are able. We can do this. We ARE doing this! 


If you are a list maker, like me - make a list of your menu for the day including snacks, and stick to it. If you are hungry, but you just ate an hour ago, check your list and tell yourself I'll have this snack right after I finish doing these things (laundry, paying bills, running this errand, finishing that report, etc.). Keep yourself occupied and busy. Busy people aren't feeling deprived of food because they are busy focusing on doing other things.  Just sayin'. I'm really telling myself this more than I'm trying to convince you of it. I love it when I'm busy and have a long to do list. Time flies, and I don't think about NOT getting up to have that chocolate, and NOT going to the kitchen to grab a cookie, etc. I do what I have to do and when I'm done check the clock. If it's near a snack or meal time, I SKIP to the kitchen and eat without guilt because I know that meal or snack is right on schedule and I'm doing good for the day. Yes, I pep talk to myself a LOT. 

In closing, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! I'm CHEERING FOR YOU! The hardest part is STARTING. The initial weight loss is EXCITING. We have to stay FOCUSED and stay the COURSE. Don't give up now because you feel you deserve a little treat. A Little treat is fine. The extra weekly Weight Watcher points are designed for just that. But don't turn A LITTLE treat into slipping (not counting points or not staying within portion size). Stay focused. Think of yourself in that cute shorts outfit or bathing suit this summer, and keep on staying strong and staying true to your goals.

As always, feel free to leave me comments on this post about your weight loss journey or private message me on Facebook. I'll see you all back here next Wednesday for Weight Watchers Wednesday.


Have a great week!
:) Janis

1 comment:

  1. Janis. I feel for 'ya darlin'. My husband bought all of us a Fitbit. Check into it. It's really helping me. <3kim

    ReplyDelete