Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thank You Teacher! (Timeless Twine Guest Designer)

Happy Saturday!
I am so excited to tell you that each Saturday in August
I have been Guest Designing for Timeless Twine!
Woo-Hoo!
How cool is that?!




I have a fun 3D School themed project


to show you today using Timeless Twine

Watermelon Sorbet.


Shop HERE.





  • Timeless Twine "Watermelon Sorbet"
  • Silhouette ID# 46877 (apple box)
  • Silhouette ID# 39232 (tab with sentiment)
  • Cardz TV Stamps - School Days

For this box, I did NOT add a clear window piece over the apple cut out. I left it open so that the teacher could slip her fingers through the apple to grab a paperclip or two.

For the sentiment tab, I stretched the size to fit the box width and also extended it's height. By extending the tab height, I was able to stamp my sentiment then score a line to fold the bottom of the tab. I inserted this folded part into the box top allowing the sentiment tab to stand straight up behind the box.

I also cut an extra piece to insert into the box bottom for a flat surface for the paperclips to rest on. Without that extra piece, the box folds had paperclips sliding under them.



Thanks for stopping by today.


:) Janis

DoubleClick  AKA A Busy Bee - fruit ch 

11 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute and fun! I love that you didn't add the clear sheet so you can reach in and grab a clip or even some goodies. Thank you so much for taking the time to make some amazing projects for us! You did an amazing job and I look forward to see more amazing projects on your blog in the future. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute box Janis and I love how you decorated it! I too love that you left the apple open so the teacher could reach in and grab a clip. Too cute and useful. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea to keep on those paperclips in! Thanks for joining us over at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge~
    DT-Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis we have loved having you with us this month. You have done an awesome job and we have loved seeing all your creations! This one is adorable!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! Love the cute color combo on this! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know as a teacher I would love to receive this box of goodies. Thanks for sharing at DoubleClick Skittles this week for our fruit challenge.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    DoubleClick Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Janis!!! I love your box. I love the fact that you didn't add acetate to the front of the box. Easy for the teacher. Nicely done. Thank you for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janis you always make the best projects. I love that you turned this treat box into a paper clip holder. What a great idea. Thanks for playing along with us over at DoubleClick Connections.

    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very unique and totally awesome to give to a teacher. Paper clips always end up all over the place. Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge - DT Faith

    ReplyDelete