Friday, July 30, 2010

July Recap for 2010 100+ Reading Challenge


It's the end of the month and time to recap where I stand in the 2010 100+ Reading Challenge. I was able to sneak in a couple extra books in July. :) It's a lot easier to do when they are so good. And yes, many of the books I read in July were just awesome!

I love books by Sherryl Woods. (Click here to visit her web page.) When I picked up Home in Carolina by her I didn't realize that I had read at least 3 previous Sweet Magnolia novels. So I was re-united with old friends, remembered their history, and this makes the book so much richer for me.

Here are some thoughts on the other books I read in July:
  • Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie: I liked the paranormal aspect of this book, but it was a little harsher than I would have liked (details about murders).
  • Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris: I liked the way the characters interacted with each other and how this plot played out. I didn't figure it out beforehand.
  • Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison: This took me back to the 80's – high school, best friends, sleep overs, fads, drama...
  • Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich: Ever since I listened to several of Janet's audiobooks, I can't read one of her novels without hearing Lula's voice in my head. LOL This wasn't as good as some of the others, but it still had me laughing.
  • The Bikini Car Wash by Pamelo Morsi: My first novel read by Pamela. It started out fabulous, but lost some of it's zing toward the last third or so. Still, I enjoyed it; glad I read it, and will be looking out for more books by Pamela.
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen: One of my favorites for this month! Written simply. Easy to follow. Sweet. No harsh language, morbid details, etc. Excellent book for teens to adults.
Most of the books I read come from Doubleday Book Club, eHarlequin Book Club, the library, Barnes & Noble, or are borrowed from friends.


JULY 2010
  1. Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie
  2. Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris
  3. Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison
  4. Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
  5. The Bikini Car Wash by Pamela Morsi
  6. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
  7. Home in Carolina by Sherryl Woods (A Sweet Magnolia Novel)
BOOKS ON THE SHELF WAITING TO BE READ NEXT:
  1. Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery (A Fool's Gold Romance)
  2. Stay by Allie Larkin
  3. Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank
  4. Return to Sullivan's Island by Dorothea Benton Frank
  5. Summer House by Nancy Thayer
  6. Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber
  7. The Summer Hideaway by Susan Wiggs
BOOKS ON ORDER WAITING TO BE SHIPPED AND READ NEXT:
  1. The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
  2. Ghost Shadow by Heather Graham
  3. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
  4. The Angel by Carla Neggers
  5. Lust, Loathing, & a Little Lip Gloss by Kyra Davis
JUNE 2010
  1. Haunting Jordan by P. J. Alderman
  2. Cemetery Dance by Preston & Child
  3. Happiness Key by Emille Richards
  4. The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
  5. A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans
MAY 2010
  1. Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

***I can't believe I lost track of what***
***I was reading in May & June!***

APRIL 2010
  1. Night Rising, Vampire Babylon Book 1 by Chris Marie Green
  2. Sailing To Capri by Elizabeth Adler
  3. Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
  4. Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
  5. Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

MARCH 2010
  1. The Beach House by Jane Green
  2. Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
  3. Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
  4. Murder in the Raw by C. S. Challinor
  5. When Autumn Leaves by Amy S. Foster
FEBRUARY 2010
  1. Mighty Old Bones by Mary Saums
  2. A Slice of Murder by Chris Cavender
  3. Vi Agra Falls by Mary Daheim
  4. Too Rich and Too Dead by Cynthia Baxter
  5. Lavender Morning by Jude Deveraux

JANUARY 2010
  1. The Prayer of Jabez
  2. Ghosts From The Past by Glen Ebisch
  3. How Not To Make A Wish by Mindy Klasky
  4. There's Something About St. Tropez by Elizabeth Adler
  5. A Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks
  6. Ghost A La Mode by Sue Ann Jaffarian
  7. Death of the Party by Carolyn Hart

1 comment:

  1. You're coming along good on your reading! Sounds like some really good books!! :)

    ReplyDelete