Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Craft Paper Do You Use?

I'm just curious... what craft paper do you use on your crafts? I used to use Creative Memories paper in 1994 when I started scrapbooking. After that I went to Stampin' Up! paper which I used for years.

In the past couple of years, I have been using tons of DCWV (Die Cuts With A View) paper. It's so easy to come by and comes in so many different types and patterns.

Sitting on my desk right now I have these stacks waiting to be turned into something fun:

  • DCWV: Animal Crackers Stack. This is a combination of patterend paper, glittered pages, and so so cute designs! These pages are cardstock thickness.
  • DCWV: The Green Stack. Trees, Owls, Birds, Flowers... All patterened cardstock paper. I love trees!
  • DCWV: The All Dressed Up Stack. A combination of patterend paper and glittered pages and so chic! Also cardstock thickness.
  • Best Occasions: This is a Punch-Out Pack of 40 patterend papers and 437 alpha & accent punch-outs. All cardstock thickness. I got this stack at Wal-mart only because I was in desparate need of some new paper (yes, it's a terrible addiction). I honestly think it's okay, but not my favorite. And the punchouts are fun, except they make me want a CRICUT even more (if that's at all possible). The colors are kind of dull and muted, but in the right setting, they would be great.
  • My Mind's Eye: Everyday Tango. 180 sheets of Designer Paper - not card stock. I must say, this is the first time I've bought patterened paper that was not cardstock. This paper is lovely. Flowers, dots, distressed, patterns, stripes, diamonds, oh so very pretty and feminine. I really like this paper! Since I'm not so used to using NON-cardstock paper, I will admit that I accidentally cut through it when trying to score it with my Provo Craft trimmer / scorer. I was used to putting a little bit more pressure on the scoring blade, but not at all necessary for this paper.
All of the above are 12 x 12 paper stacks. They are very different from each other, and I'm so anxious to use them up. I wonder if that feeling is the same as reading a good book? I can't wait to use them, but will be sad when their packs are empty? Hmmmmm......

All of my DCWV paper stacks I got at Joann's. The Mind's Eye Designer Paper Stack I got at AC Moore. Both of these stores are my most favorite craft places to shop.

More later... and maybe some fun crafty creations with more scraps....

Until then....


1 comment:

  1. First of all I love, love love the new look. Is it custom?
    I have just begun this madness so the only paper I have used is the DCWV. I too shop at Joann's, no AC Moore around here, actually I have never heard of it. Joann's is having a sale on their paper right now..great deals!
    Good luck on getting your Cricut,which one are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete